Pinterest: New Covers! {Geeky}


Once I like something and dive head first into it, I do not think twice, don't linger on details - certainly not at first - and completely surrender to the sheer pleasure of discovering with unfiltered joy and curiosity. Call it motivation, possibly.

This is how I started pinning on Pinterest. A couple of years later, and many rearrangements later too, I decided to revamp the covers of my boards, not to mention to create a new essential one that deserves a post of its own (to be continued, but if you want to guess already, hop over to my Pinterest page and let me know which one you think was the missing piece, up to now!...).

Back to the covers: like book covers, they don't tell the whole story, they just tease us to lift the veil and take a peek. Just like books should not be judged by their cover, Pinterest boards are way more than pretty front pages, and that's the beauty of it. This being said, a nice business card or front door is a welcome invitation to step in, exchange glances, hand shakes and a cup of delicately fragrant tea. To be honest with you, instead of following the consistent route, like-cover-like-content as it were, it crossed my mind to choose provocative, quizzical covers that would actually reveal an entirely different world once opened. Have you ever tried taking the surprising route? (I know every possible e-marketing tutorial, e-course, e-mail course and whatnot will say this is the route NOT to follow to gain followers. I reply, read this blog post from Odile Sacoche - in French. Worth every word.)

More traditionally and far less bravely (anarchy is not my thing, yet), you are welcome to find out about the new vibe of my covers, very much in tune with my feelings at the moment (and the boards contents): it seems that the never ending quest for balance and serenity is still very much on the agenda!

Tell me, which cover do you prefer? Why?

Credits (clockwise): 1 - 2 - 3



5 commentaires:

  1. TheDaydreamerDiaryMay 12, 2015 at 9:58 PM

    Beh, ci vuole, no, un po' di poesia e dolcezza, altrimenti come si fa?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh D, I'm afraid to come visit now for fear of spending the next hour or so perusing your links, reflecting, and simply indulging! I love so many of your Pinterest boards (and am always especially drawn to Photography, Words, and anything related to the Sea and Deco), so to choose a favorite would be like pulling teeth! Your Dreams board is well, so dreamy and enchanting... very nicely curated! Again, I had to stop myself from pinning everything ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. TheDaydreamerDiaryMay 15, 2015 at 10:03 PM

    Thank you for your positive words and I am truly happy if I can take you with me on my dreamy discoveries. It is a true visual pleasure to visit Pinterest: I just take a little tour, almost everyday, and leave with invigorating ideas and thoughts. This cannot be bad, right? Happy Pinterest visits, my friend :-)

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear about your daydreams!

 

What's in the archive?